Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Becky Bullseye... BAM!!!


When I was in tenth grade a very traumatic event happened one day at school. We were all waiting for the bell to ring after lunch so we could go back to class, and there was this girl who I will call “Becky”. She was in the class below me and she went to the same school as me since I was in 2nd grade at St. Alphonsus. She was very sweet, but she was always doing random stuff, and still does via Facebook. For example, she peed on three girls at recess in the fourth grade! I really don't understand how she accomplished it but she did it! (Gold Star for the day!) Another time, well once a month actually she would stick her used pads on the wall of the bathroom when I was in sixth grade! Disgust~TANG!! That scene has been scarred in to my head and I can never look at light pink tiled wall the same.



VOMIT!!! Just imagine the pads!

Anyway, back to "Becky". On this particular afternoon everyone was in their usual spots waiting for the lunch bell to ring so we could go back to class. Poor old Becky was hanging around the St. Francis of Assisi Rose Garden with her crew, when someone yelled out "Ohhhhh Look at the back of her pants!" We all of course we all turn to look and there it is a huge; and I mean HUGE red stain on her “Khaki Student Apparel” uniform shorts!!! It was horrible!!! I felt soooooo bad for her; fifty kids or so were all laughing and staring! She was laughing too; having no clue what was going on.



It was soo bad! I was about to walk off and go find the teacher "on duty", when my friend Stevie went up to her and whispered in her ear what "the situation" was. She was mortified and ran into the bathroom. I really admired my friend Stevie for doing that. I wish I had the guts to do it. When he walked back over he was like "What?!?!? I have two sisters! I couldn’t let her walk around like that!"  So sweet!



A few months go by and my little brother and I are sitting in the "futon room" watching Happy Days with the "Fonz" because my parents were downstairs watching something scary on T.V.  Yes, we were whips... and I still am! Mind you my little brother is only three years younger than I, and we were at the same school at the time of the incident mentioned before. He turns to me and he says "I'm scared to get my period". I'm stunned at this statement. Shocked!! Can’t breathe!! Seeing Stars!!  I don't know what I should say or where I should go with it? So I of course say "Why are you scared?" He proceeds to tell me he doesn't want to "start" at school and have everyone laugh at him like they did "Becky" and that he does not want to use Tampons. I am flabber gasted at this! I HAVE NO WORDS!!! I tell him I will be right back and run down stairs and tell them the worries of my dear kid brother! My mother tells my father that he MUST give him "the talk"!! He is in 8th Grade and does not need to be worrying about Tampons etc... So my Dad comes upstairs later that night and hands my brother "The Book".  The End… No talk.



I still wonder how long it took my brother to figure out he didn't need to worry about his monthly visitor, Aunt Flow!

No comments:

Post a Comment