Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Not a very happy post... (skip if you don't want to be saddened)


Sorry for not blogging yesterday... It ended up being a very busy day of ups and downs. So today on my way to the "Sexy Six Train" that takes me to work; I was listening to my iPod of life... (This is a phrase I like to add on to things now. For example, when I tell people at work they have a guest waiting in the cafe; I have to hold myself back from saying "in the cafe of life"! Soooo odd. A bean burrito of life?) Any who, so I'm bee bopping along and one of my old favorite songs comes on and it’s "Two Daughters and a Beautiful Wife" by Drive by Truckers, and it got me all upset. By the time I made it to go underground I was crying like a little baby! I just thought I would share with you the story behind this emotional song.

Patterson Hood wrote the song about a family he knew that was murdered on New Year's Day in Richmond, Virginia. The house was set on fire and the family was found murdered in the basement. Which included the Father, Bryan Harvey; his beautiful wife Kathryn and their two daughters Ruby and Stella. The murderers confessed and were convicted. The part where he sings "there were flowers round the front, where everybody cried" is Kathryn's toy store called World of Mirth. I don’t know... Such a sad story and sorry for being a downer but it is good that people hear there story and remember them!

Here is a live performance:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVDApenIzAA

Here are the Lyrics...

When he reached the gates of heaven
He didn’t understand
He knew that folks were coming over
Or was it all a dream?
Was it all a crazy dream?

He saw them playing there before him
What were they doing there?
It felt like home, It must be alright
Or is it just a dream?
Is it just a crazy dream?

Memories replay before him
All the tiny moments of his life
Laying round in bed on a Saturday morning
Two daughters and a wife
Two daughters and a beautiful wife

Meanwhile on Earth his friends came over
Shocked and horrified
Dolls and flowers at the storefront
Everybody cried
Everybody cried and cried

Is there vengeance up in heaven?
Are those things left behind?
Maybe everyday is Saturday morning
Two daughters and a wife
Two daughters and a beautiful wife
Two daughters and a beautiful wife

No comments:

Post a Comment