Friday, September 24, 2010

A day in Battery Park, but where are the batteries?

Today is just one of those typical Fridays... Bored watching the clock tic down or up or which ever way it goes. However, today is not our typical Friday at work. Today we are having a company picnic!! I'm really excited because this means the office closes at 12:30 PM and we get FREE FOOD!! I have learned since living here that there is nothing better than free food! Unfortunately this is NOT good for my dieting. Hence me eating two huge cupcakes, a large cookie and a fudge brownie yesterday! Can't turn down free food... kind of makes me sounds like a hobo! Are those McDonalds fries in the trash? YES!!! Ha just kidding!! I would NEVER!!! Any who, at 12:30 the entire office is leaving and heading down to Battery Park! It will be my first outing to this park and I’m quite pleased about it. It’s my roommate’s favorite park in the city. At the park we are going to mingle, eat, drink and play games... Yes, GAMES... dun... dun... dun... When I got the Evite a month or so ago my eyes zeroed in on that word (games) and I had a minor anxiety attack. Brought back "fond" memories from elementary school and the day most kids looked forward to all year long. Field Day. (vomit) You probably know it well and you were probably one of those coordinated kids that dominated the three legged race, the rope climb, the 50 yard dash, tug of war and my personal favorite; the potato sack race. Unfortunately, I came home every year on that hot day in May will all yellow ribbons (Honorable Mention aka Horrible Mention) pinned to my yellow St. Alphonsus field day shirt along with bruises, cuts, scrapes and a bruised ego. No wonder I hate that color... also looks horrid with my hair color. Anyway, back to the point. I have been stalking everyone at work planning this picnic to find out what these games are! I've asked the planners, the office manager, the interns; pretty much everyone and they all say "it’s a surprise"!! Ummmm... I don't like surprises like that! Sure give me a car, a bracelet, a vacation trip to China (thank you The Last Mr. Bigg) whatever, but if it involves sports count me out.  Thankfully my work friend Santos gave me the low down! I used the "I already know" tactic and it worked like a charm! So we are going to meet in the cafe at 12:30 and split up into teams and we will have a "scavenger hunt" to Battery Park. Teams with the most pictures of whatever the clues are wins... Reminds me so much of Phi Mu Sisterhood retreats in New Orleans.  Which reminds me of vomiting on the side of the highway on the way down there! This is not looking good y’all!! Then when we get the park we will have an egg toss/race and play CORN HOLE!!! Whoop Whoop!! I have just recently become obsessed with corn hole; thanks to Scotty to Hottie aka Scott Zingery. When I went to Charlotte three weeks ago we played NON STOP! I am terrible, but I'll randomly have some good throws! So all and all I’m a little relaxed about the events that will take place today! I don't think I’ll be getting hurt by any of these "sports". Phew....... 1... 2.... 3....... Breathe.

Wish me luck y'all!!! I'll let ya know how it goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment