Thursday, September 23, 2010

Better late than never...

So I am just 18 days shy of hitting my one year mark living in the "Captial of the World".  I wish that I would have started doing this when I first got here, but like I said "better late than never". I really have no clue what I want this blog to be about yet... I know it will be something.... Hopefully something meaningful and inspiring. So until I figure it out; I suppose I will write about my day to day experieces in New York City!

Here we go... Ummmmm.... This is awkward. I don't really know what to say. I guess I will start with my domain name? Estelle Chappell... She is my heart!! She is my three year old Pug that I got in Hattiesburg, Mississippi! She seriously is hands down the most amazing dog I have ever met and many will agree. She is sooo loving and full of personalitly that is sometimes eerie. She is someone reborn into a dog! Seriously, if you met her you would see her "human tendencies" and her amazing heart and know that she is not your regular every day canine. Estelle is rather overwieght and it has become a major problem here for us in the city. When I first moved up here I did not bring Estelle with me. She stayed with my mother in Ocean Springs, Mississippi where she was fed every thing in the WORLD. She got fed in the morning, had many doggie treats through out the day, and ate HUMAN FOOD on the REG!!!! Ultimately weighing in at a solid 25 lbs in the right corner. She moved up here in January and her life changed. I would say she is now at a much better 20lbs and looking good! However, this does not satisfy these insane New Yorkers!! They comment left and right about her weight! That I should get her some help! Bla Bla Bla.... Like duh people don't you think I know that?! Thats why we are out here walking the streets!!! What do you want me to do? Get dog liposuction you creeps? Seriously, I do not understand where people get off putting their two cents in when its clearly not needed! If I made a comment about everyone else's dogs like people do to us, I would be shot! Dead... bam... Ewww your dog has three legs!! Ewwww your dogs eyes are sick!! Like serously people follow the rule you learned in kindergarden "if you don't have anything nice to say; then don't say anything at all"! Phewwww.... I feel better now!  But on a brighter note! She is losing weight and we have become frequenters of our local dog parks.

Have a great day y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment